Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all its members.
Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/carers or guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with their Team Manager in the first instance. Alternatively, please share with Paul Jackson – Junior Coordinator.
As a member of Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club you are expected to abide by the following junior code of conduct:
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable kit – cricket whites for matches and alternative sporting clothing for training as agreed with the coach/team manager.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Junior members are not allowed to use language that may be deemed as offensive or abusive whilst on club premises or representing the club in competitions.
- Adhere to the Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club – Social Media Policy+
+ All policies are available on the Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club website – http://rockinghamccc.co.uk or can be provided upon request.
Respect Code of Conduct for Young People
In 2017 Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club launched their ‘Respect’ campaign.
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game.
As a player, you have a big part to play. That’s why Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club is asking every player to follow a Respect Code of Conduct.
When playing cricket, I will:
- Always play to the best of my ability
- Play fairly – I won’t cheat, complain or waste time
- Respect my team-mates, the other team, the umpire and my coach/team manager
- Play by the rules, as directed by the umpire
- Shake hands with the other team and umpires at the end of the game
- Listen and respond to what my coach/team manager tells me
- Talk to someone I trust or the club child welfare officer if I’m unhappy about anything at my club.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, the League or the ECB:
- Be required to apologise to my team-mates, the other team, umpire or my coach/team manager
- Receive a formal warning from the coach or the club committee
- Be dropped or substituted
- Be suspended from training
- Be required to leave the club
- My club, the League or ECB may make my parent or carer aware of any infringements of the Code of Conduct.