Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club
Minutes of AGM Held 2nd November 2015
@ Academy Theatre, Birdwell
Eric Shore – President
Clive Shore – Chairman
Gordon Jacobs – Treasurer
Messrs, M Wilkinson, D Smith, A Shore, M Haywood, A Mellor, N Armitage, S Grindle, P Jackson, D Smith, D Haywood, J Ambler, G Whitehouse, A Baker, N Cox, M Cox, M Heyworth, J Robinson, D Hudson, Cllr J Andrews.
Apologies:- R Skipworth, T Boyden
The previous meeting minutes were held to be a true and accurate record of meet, minutes were signed by Clive Shore (Chairman)
No members have passed away during the past 12 months
1. The Chairman reported that from a senior playing point of view the season had started slowly but both teams recovered well and put themselves in with a chance of promotion but ultimately came up short due to slow start. The Chairman acknowledges the 2nd team was beginning to include several junior players on a weekly basis and thanked D Smith for his efforts. The 1st Team reached the Mick Savage Cup final and performed well in a defeat to a strong Whiston team.
2. Junior teams were a big success with the all teams playing good cricket and the kids represented the club really well. The Chairman expressed thanks to all the coaches and team managers involved with the juniors.
3. The Chairman announced it will add an U17’s team to the Junior Section for the 2016 season.
4. The Chairman wished to record the clubs gratitude to the ground staff for all their hard work and thanked M Wilkinson and G Jacobs for there work in purchasing the Outfield Cutter at the start of the season.
5. The Chairman thanked all Volunteers who had given their time to help run the club throughout 2015
6. The Chairman thanked M Wilkinson and D Smith for their efforts with 1st and 2nd team respectively.
7. The Chairman expressed his delight that the hard work all volunteers and members had put in over the last few years had reaped rewards with the club hosting a BDJCA U12 representative game and the BDJCA U11’s Cup Final.
The treasurer handed out copies of the balance sheet and went through the various items of Income and Expenditure. Total turnover for the year was £29.436.51 largely due to grant funding carried over for 2014(AutoRoller) and Sponsorship packages in 2015. On the face of this represents a working profit of £4191
Total Club Funds carried forward £3658.58, Includes £1000 Grant from Fitzwilliam for Sightscreens
The treasurer highlighted areas of income had increased significantly, mainly Grants, Sponsorship, Match balls, and highlighted that a £3,350 payment towards the loans for the scorebox and Outfield Cutter(£4350) had been made. A balance of £2000 remains for the Outfield Cutter.
The treasurer reported that taken as a whole this was the most successful financial year and thanked everyone for their efforts especially the fundraisers.
Election of Officials
President: Eric Shore
Chairman: Clive Shore
Vice Chairman: Mark Wilkinson
Secretary: Tim Boyden
Treasurer: Gordon Jacobs
Junior Chairman: Paul Jackson
Junior Co-ordinator: Gary Whitehouse
SYCL Reps Clive Shore, Tim Boyden
General Committee: C Shore, R Skipworth, E Shore, A Shore, G Jacobs, M Cox, N Cox, J Harris, T Boyden, D Smith, G Whitehouse, P Jackson, M Wilkinson,
Junior Committee To be confirmed by Junior Chairman
Selection Committee Chairman, Senior Captains and Vice Captains
First Team Captain Mark Wilkinson
2nd Team Captain Dave Smith
Life Members: Mark Wilkinson
Every Adult (Over 18) playing member has to have 100 Club Number. Membership fees due by 30th April. Overdue fees increase by £10 per calendar month
Senior players: £40 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets plus compulsory playing shirt donation.
Student/Unemployed: £25 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets plus compulsory playing shirt donation.
Junior Subs £35 for U11s, U13s, U15’s and U17’s
£25 for U9s
Junior Annual Subs include option of a playing shirt and admission to presentation evening.
Families with 3 or more siblings would receive free annual subscriptions for the 3rd sibling and more.
Match Fees First X1 £10
2nd X1 £8
Junior Fees £2 Training Session
£2 Match Fee
The Club Committee agreed the Instalment plan for juniors introduced in 2015 was a huge success and would remain the same for 2016.
U9’s = 3 Instalments of (£28+£25 Subs) = £109
U11’s, U13’s, U15’s and U17’s = 3 Instalments of (£36+£35Subs) = £143
Away Teas £40 per team
The Chairman expressed concerns regarding the recent planning application submitted to BMBC for the use of the ground. Cllr J Andrews spoke to the members and assured them that BMBC had not submitted the plans and asked the club to consider its position. The Chairman thanked Cllr Andrews for attending the meeting and briefing the members. Members voted in favour to submit an objection to the plans as we don’t want to loose our current facilities. The Club would ask all members to follow suit and object the plans.
Meeting Closed 9.20pm