Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club
Minutes of AGM Held 6th November 2017 @ Hoyland Common WMC.
Eric Shore – President
Clive Shore – Chairman
Gordon Jacobs – Treasurer
Andrew Baker – Secretary
Messrs, , A Shore, M Haywood, A Mellor, S Grindle, R Skipworth, J Ambler, N Cox, M Cox, J Robinson, B Robinson, D Hudson, H Grindle, J Hanson, P Jackson, S Taylor
Apologies:- G Whitehouse
The previous meeting minutes were held to be a true and accurate record of meet, minutes were signed by Clive Shore (Chairman)
Hilda Bamforth and Richard Green
- The Chairman reported that from a senior playing point of view the season had been fantastic with the first team winning 20 of their 22 league games and winning promotion and for the second season in a row the Yorkshire Council Play offs. The Chairman thanks Richard Skipworth for his efforts with the first team. The 2nd Team gaining promotion after finishing Runner Ups. The 2nd team continued to use several junior players on a weekly basis and thanked D Smith for his efforts. The chairman congratulated Ben Dalton and Stuart Matsikenyeri for their performances throughout the 2017 season.
- Junior teams were a huge success with the all teams playing good cricket and the kids representing the club really well. The Chairman congratulated U13’s 8 a side team for their achievements throughout the season winning the cup competition and the U11s on their league win. The Chairman was happy to see that the girls team was going from strength to strength with more girls joining the club throughout the season. The Chairman expressed thanks Paul Jackson, Gary Whitehouse and to all the coaches and team managers involved with the juniors.
- The Chairman thanked Matthew and Nigel Cox for their dedication and hard work on running the Sunday side throughout the season even during times when we struggled to get a team out.
- The Chairman wished to record the clubs gratitude to the Tea Ladies and ground staff for all their hard work throughout 2017.
- The Chairman thanked all Volunteers who had given their time to help run the club throughout 2017, around the whole club and for the help on the gound.
The treasurer handed out copies of the balance sheet and went through the various items of Income and Expenditure. On the face of this represents a small working loss for the year as the treasurer announced the accounts are now from 1 November 2016 to 31st October 2017 and no outstanding figures are carried over.
Total Club Funds carried forward £11,115.42, Includes £9,900 Grant for equipment.
The treasurer highlighted areas of income had increased significantly, mainly Grants, Sponsorship, Holiday Camps, Fundraising, Tuck Shops and 100 Club.
The Treasurer highlighted that the purchase of the outfield cutter the previous season had significantly reduced cost on ground maintenance.
The treasurer reported that taken as a whole this was the most successful financial year and thanked everyone for their efforts especially the fundraisers.
The Chairman thanked Gordon Jacobs for his efforts for the year.
Election of Officials
President: Eric Shore
Chairman: Clive Shore
Vice Chairman: Richard Skipworth
Secretary: Andrew Baker
Treasurer: Gordon Jacobs
Senior Cricket Manager: Richard Skipworth
Junior Chairman: Paul Jackson
Junior Co-ordinator: Gary Whitehouse
Fundraising Co-Ordinator: Richard Skipworth
Child Welfare Officer Julian Harris
SYCL Reps Clive Shore, Andrew Baker
General Committee: C Shore, R Skipworth, E Shore, A Shore, G Jacobs, N Cox, J Harris, A Baker, D Hudson, S Taylor, J Ambler
Junior Committee Paul Jackson, Gary Whitehouse, Gordon Jacobs, Amanda Rice, Carl Upton, Becky Robinson, Lorraine Ambler, Rob Bailey, Amanda Thomas
Selection Committee: Chairman, Senior Captains, Vice Captains, Senior Cricket Manager and
First Team Captain: Andrew Baker
2nd Team Captain: Andrew Mellor
3rd Team Captain: Richard Skipworth
Life Members: Andrew Shore
Every Adult (Over 18) playing member has to have a 100 Club Number. Membership fees due by 30th April. Overdue fees increase by £10 per calendar month.
Senior players: £60 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets.
Student/Unemployed: £40 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets.
Junior Annual Subs include option of a playing shirt and admission to presentation evening.
U9’s = 3 Instalments of £28 = £84
U11’s, U13’s, U15’s and U17’s = 3 Instalments of £36 = £108
Families with 3 or more siblings would receive free annual subscriptions for the 3rd sibling and more.
First X1 £10
2nd X1 £8
3rd X1 £8
Away Teas £44 per team
Paul Jackson proposed that we add to the constitution that captains are appointed by the committee rather than at the AGM as this would give captains more time to prepare for the season and recruitment of players. This motion was passed and will be done at general committee meetings.
Meeting Closed 8.35pm