The England and Wales Cricket Board have recently issued guidance in regards to ECB guidelines for the use of outdoor cricket facilities in lockdown. The following informations sets out Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club’s mandatory requirements as well as a booking system which we will use to book net facilities on the ground.
As per the ECB guidlines – bookings can only be made for either:
- An unlimited amount of people from the same household.
- Up to 6 people from different households (any coaches would be included in the 6)
… providing that the following rules are met as well as a 2m distance maintained.
Bookings are for a maximum of 50 minutes, to allow time for cleaning, and to leave a 10 minute window for the next booking to arrive so that members don’t cross-contaminate.
- For insurance purposes, only Rockingham CCC members can use the nets facilities. Anyone found doing otherwise will be banned from making further bookings and could face disciplinary under the terms of our Code of Conduct.
- Nets must be booked at least 24 hours in advance via text message/WhatsApp with:
- Juniors – Paul Jackson (07766747410)
- Seniors – Andrew Baker (07809366680)
- Bookings will only be permitted between first booking 10am – last booking 7pm.
- Bookings may be amended if the groundsman requires use of the ground.
- Net sessions cannot take place without a Club Official on-site. You must provide the name of the Club Official who will be in attendance at your session as part of the booking.
- You must provide details of all members in attendance in the session as part of the booking.
- If parents/family members wish to stay and watch training, they may do so at a safe distance whilst maintaining social distancing.
- Do not attend if you or anyone in your household displays symptoms or your household is currently in isolation.
- Personal hygiene measures should be carried out at home before and after use of the facility. No W.C. will be available at the ground as the building is completely inaccessible.
- The club will try to ensure that sanitation facilities are available, but cannot guarantee stock levels throughout the day. Please bring your own hand sanitiser where possible. If this isn’t possible wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before and after visiting the club.
- Travel together as a household and avoid public transport wherever possible.
- You must ensure that you park at least 2 bays between any other vehicle.
- Do not arrive before the time of the booking, aim to arrive at the start of your slot to help with social distancing.
- Do not overstay your allocated time slot, you should be clear of the area by the time the next users arrive. Do not stay to socialise.
- Bring your own playing/training equipment including balls. Only stumps will be provided.
- No other equipment will be provided, including the bowling machine at present.
- Bring your own filled drinking bottles with you and ensure that you take them away with you to stop cross contamination.
- Avoid physical contact with others as much as possible whilst on club premises.
- Do not leave private property behind as the club will not handle any private property that is left behind.
- No spitting.
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- If a ball is hit towards someone, it must be left alone, but we appreciate that people will have a natural instinct to stop the ball and pass it back to the bowler. If this happens, members must immediately clean wash their hands on sanitise them with the gel provided.
- As always, the health and safety of participants is paramount – please ensure the risk of injury is minimised (wear helmets, pads etc). As well as response times being delayed this is vital to avoid any additional stress on the NHS.
- Only a basic first aid kit will be available on-site.
- Report any infection of their household following use of the facility to whomever you made the booking with to allow effective contact tracing and to limit the spread of the virus.
- In fairness to all members, anyone who doesn’t turn up to a booking without informing the person who they are booked in with will be prevented from making any further bookings.
We would like to thank everyone in advance for adhering to these requirements in these unprecedented times. It gives us no pleasure to enforce such measures, but we are just glad to be able to get on to the ground and offer access to our beautiful game.
We will communicate further as soon as we are able to relax these measures further, but in the meantime, please help us to help you, and in the words of the wise…