Minutes of AGM Held 11th November 2019 @ Hoyland Common WMC.
Eric Shore – President
Clive Shore – Chairman
Gordon Jacobs – Treasurer
Andrew Baker – Secretary
Messrs, R Skipworth, J Ambler, N Cox, M Cox, S Peet, P Jackson, A Shore, C Upton, R Mann, M Mann, N Khan,
S Taylor, D Hudson, H Grindle, S Grindle, P Jackson, G Whitehouse
Apologies:- A Lockwood, M Lockwood, M Hewitt, C Roebuck, J Harris, J Beaumont, A Rice,
Meeting Opened 19:07
The previous meeting minutes were held to be a true and accurate record of meet, minutes were signed by Richard Skipworth (Vice Chairman)
None at this current time.
Vice Chairman’s Report:
1. The Vice Chairman reported that from a senior playing point of view the season had been good with the first team finishing mid table in the championship and many junior players getting chances within the first team.
The second team had a fantastic season and have been promoted to division three and reached the cup final. Vice Chairman thanked Jad Ambler for his efforts for the season and congratulated him on the season.
The Vice Chairman was happy with the third team’s progress and had hoped to have been promoted, however, due to playing games on Sunday’s opposition managed to get stronger teams out. The Vice Chairman is confident with another good winter and the junior players progressing well in the team that they will be able to mount a promotion push in 2020.
2. Juniors have had another great season and are all showing improvement throughout the season. This is the highest number of juniors we’ve ever had at Rockingham and seeing them al play and contributing is fantastic.
The Vice Chairman was happy to see that the girl’s team was going from strength to strength with more girls joining the club throughout the season. The Vice Chairman has congratulated at the players that have played representative cricket throughout the season. The Vice Chairman congratulated all our junior teams which have won league and cup titles in the 2019 season and also to the individual award winners for both club and league. The Vice Chairman has pointed out this is our most successful junior season ever and looks forward tp seeing the juniors progress in 2020.
3. The Vice Chairman wished to record the clubs gratitude to the Tea Ladies and ground staff for all their hard work throughout 2019.
4. The Vice Chairman thanked all Volunteers who had given their time to help run the club throughout 2019, around the whole club and for the help on the ground as without these helpers and people giving up their own time the club wouldn’t be what it is.
The treasurer handed out copies of the balance sheet and went through the various items of Income and Expenditure.
The club have made a working loss off about £2000 this year. This has come from contributions the club have had to make towards purchases of equipment which had to be part contributed by the club.
The treasurer thanked all the volunteers on junior and senior match days and training sessions with running the raffles and tuck shop as this is a key contribution towards club funds.
The Treasurer opened the floor to questions, however, none were arising.
The Vice Chairman thanked Gordon Jacobs for his efforts for the year.
Election of Officials
President: Eric Shore
Chairman: Clive Shore
Vice Chairman: Richard Skipworth
Secretary: Andrew Baker
Treasurer: Gordon Jacobs
Senior Cricket Manager: Richard Skipworth
Head of Junior Cricket: Paul Jackson
Child Welfare Officer: Julian Harris
SYSCL Reps Clive Shore, Andrew Baker, Lindsay Pepper
General Committee: C Shore, R Skipworth, E Shore, A Shore, G Jacobs, N Cox, J Harris, A Baker, D Hudson, S Taylor, J Ambler, A Lockwood
Junior Committee: This will contain all of the junior cricket roles within the new structure of the club
Selection Committee: Chairman, Senior Captains, Senior Cricket Manager and
As per last year’s proposal the captains were confirmed by the committee at the last committee meeting
October 2018 and will be as follows:
First Team Captain: Andrew Baker
2nd Team Captain: Jared Ambler
3rd Team Captain: Richard Skipworth
Sunday XI Captain: Matthew Cox
All captains will appoint their own vice captains.
Life Members: None put forward
The committee have advised that there is a position available within the club for a fundraising manager and that is anybody would like to look at taking on this role to inform a member of the committee.
- Every Adult (Over 18) playing member has to have a 100 Club Number.
- Membership fees due by 30th April. Overdue fees increase by £10 per calendar month.
- £90 annual subs to include £10 SYSCL raffle tickets.
- Student/Unemployed: £40 to include £10 SYSCL raffle tickets.
U9s, U11’s, U13’s
- U9’s = 3 Instalments of £28 = £84.
- U11’s, U13’s = 3 Instalments of £36 = £108.
- Instalment plans include an optional playing shirt, admission to the junior presentation evening and winter training.
- Annual fees charged at the student rate.
- Match fees will be calculated and added to subs.
- Playing shirt contribution (currently £15).
Families with 3 or more siblings would receive free annual subscriptions for the 3rd sibling and more.
These have remained the same as last years.
The club have introduced a women’s membership playing fee of £20 which will be reviewed annual as per other membership fees.
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Sunday XI – £10.
- Junior/Student/Unemployed £5.
- Any senior, U15, U17 member who secures a match ball sponsor will be eligible for a £30 refund on their subs.
- Any member who secures a new advertising sponsor will be eligible for a complete rebate on their annual subs. This applies to new advertising board sponsors only (not renewals).
Away Teas To be kept in line with all leagues as a maximum payment.
Gordon Jacobs and Richard Skipworth gave brief explanation as to where we currently are with discussion about the development of our current home Rockingham Cricket Field.
Wednesday night will now be senior training night and will be open to all players within the club playing senior cricket.
It was put forward that as a fundraising effort we will ask all players to try and get a player sponsorship which will be displayed on all social media outlets and the club website when teams are announced and players have had noticeable performances.
Vice Chairman thanked everyone for taking the time to coming to the AGM and thanked them for their efforts throughout 2019.
Meeting Closed 20:51