Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club
Minutes of AGM Held 15th February 2021 (originally November 2020) virtually via Google Meet.
Clive Shore – Chairman
Richard Skipworth – Vice Chairman
Andrew Baker – Secretary
Messrs, Paul Jackson, Gary Whitehouse, Simon Grindle, Harry Grindle, Nigel Cox, Matty Cox, Amanda Rice, David Hudson, Alan Lockwood, Andy Shore, Steve Bell, Dave Smith, Steve Taylor, Chris Dixon, Julian Harris, Nick Varley.
Apologies:- Gordon Jacobs, Melissa Lockwood, Alexander Lockwood, Elizabeth Lockwood and Francesca Lockwood.
Meeting Opened 19:05
The previous meeting minutes were held to be a true and accurate record of meet, minutes were signed by Clive Shore (Chairman) and Richard Skipworth (Vice Chairman) this was done via email due to the current pandemic and restrictions in place.
John Stewart’s father passed away the family have made a donation to the cricket club.
Ronnie Goddard also passed away.
Vice Chairman’s Report:-
- A year like no other with Covid. The vice chairman has thank everyone who has helped put things in place to help the club abide by all the Covid regulations. No other club in the land must have played more cricket than we have at this club with on average of 50 hours per week being used on the artificial strip each week since cricket resumed on top of games and training.
- The vice Chairman made special thanks to Clive Shore for all the hard work he has done on the ground and maintaining it through the season. Clive spent many an hour on the ground even throughout lockdown as a key worker making sure the ground was ready for cricket as soon as we had been given the go ahead.
- The First and Second teams were under strength, however, they managed to play a number of our juniors playing up and performing in each team. The Third team won their division and the playoff cup with many contributions from all the juniors that played.
- The Sunday team played the full mini season and remained unbeaten again a number of juniors played and made contributions and represented the club with great pride.
- Our junior section played a lot of cricket in the shortened season. All the juniors managed to play multiple games and when no fixtures were available we managed to arrange friendlies or interclub games for them. Thanks goes to Paul Jackson and Amanda Rice for their efforts during the season.
- 2021 exciting time ahead more juniors another 4th team and a ladies team finance seen to be in a better place. Playing strength seems strong and have a strong committee which are leading the club from strength to strength and the vice chairman has thanked everyone for their hard word on there.
The treasurer’s balance sheet was shown on the screen and Paul Jackson went through the various items of Income and Expenditure.
Paul Thanked Gordon Jacobs for all his efforts through the year and recording all the income and expenditure. He also thanked him for getting everything ready and in order for thr AGM this evening.
Special thanks went to Richard Skipworth for his efforts on the grants that he has applied for being successful and unsuccessful. Richard has put many hours in trying to get funds into the club in which is a thankless job.
Election of Officials
President: Eric Shore
Chairman: Clive Shore
Vice Chairman: Richard Skipworth
Secretary: Andrew Baker
Treasurer: Gordon Jacobs
Senior Cricket Manager: Richard Skipworth
Head of Junior Cricket: Paul Jackson
Head of womans and Girls: Amanda Rice
Head Child Welfare Officer: Alan Lockwood
Social Media: Steve Taylor
Head Groundsman: Andy Baker
SYCL Reps Clive Shore, Andrew Baker, Lindsay Pepper
General Committee: C Shore, R Skipworth, E Shore, A Shore, G Jacobs, A Baker, N Cox, J Harris, D Hudson, S Taylor, A Lockwood, A Rice
Junior Committee This will contain all of the junior cricket roles within the new structure of the club
Selection Committee: Chairman, Senior Captains, Senior Cricket Manager and
As per last year’s proposal the captains were confirmed by the committee at the committee meeting of
October 2020 and will be as follows:
First Team Captain: Andrew Baker
2nd Team Captain: Richard Skipworth
3rd Team Captain: Steve Bell
4th Team Captain: Dave Smith
Sunday XI Captain: Matthew Cox
All captains will appoint their own vice captains.
Life Members: None put forward
The committee have advised that there is a position available within the club for a fundraising manager and that if anybody would like to look at taking on this role to inform a member of the committee.
It has been put forward due to the pandemic that the subscription fees for all sections will remain the same.
Every Adult (Over 18) playing member has to have a 100 Club Number. Membership fees due by 30th April. Overdue fees increase by £10 per calendar month.
Senior players: £90 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets. Members can claim £30 back if they get a match ball sponsor
Student/Unemployed: £40 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets.
Junior Annual Subs include option of a playing shirt and admission to presentation evening.
U9’s = 3 Instalments of £28 = £84
U11’s, U13’s = 3 Instalments of £36 = £108
U15’s, U17’s = £40 with a £15 contribution towards shirt and would pay £2 per match and winter training session
Families with 3 or more siblings would receive free annual subscriptions for the 3rd sibling and more.
These have remained the same as last years.
The club have introduced a women’s membership playing fee of £20 which will be reviewed annual as per other membership fees.
First X1 £10
2nd X1 £10
3rd X1 £10
Away Teas To be kept in line with all leagues as a maximum payment.
No other business
Meeting Closed 19:47