Rockingham Colliery Cricket Club
Minutes of AGM Held 29th November 2016 @ Hoyland Common WMC
Eric Shore – President
Clive Shore – Chairman
Gordon Jacobs – Treasurer
M Wilkinson – Secretary
Messrs, , D Smith, A Shore, M Haywood, A Mellor, J Harris , S Grindle, R Skipworth, D Smith, J Ambler, G Whitehouse, A Baker, N Cox, M Cox, J Robinson, D Hudson,
Apologies:- N Armitage, P Jackson, M Slatter
The previous meeting minutes were held to be a true and accurate record of meet, minutes were signed by Clive Shore (Chairman)
No members have passed away during the past 12 months
1. The Chairman reported that from a senior playing point of view the season had been fantastic with both teams securing trophies, 1st team winning the Mick Savage and Yorkshire Council Play offs and 2nd Team gaining promotion after finishing Runner Ups. The Chairman thought both teams would have won there respective leagues if the weather had been more favourable. The Chairman acknowledges the 1st team would have secured promotion if the SYSCL had not deducted 7pts for breaking Rule 9.2. The 2nd team continued to use several junior players on a weekly basis and thanked D Smith for his efforts. The Chairman praised the efforts of overseas player Robin Singh and congratulated him on his achievements.
2. Junior teams were a huge success with the all teams playing good cricket and the kids representing the club really well. The Chairman congratulated U9’s and U15’s for their achievements throughout the season with both teams winning league and cup respectively. The Chairman expressed thanks to all the coaches and team managers involved with the juniors.
3. The Chairman announced it will add a Girls Team and a Sunday Development team for the 2017 season to help more juniors into adult cricket
4. The Chairman wished to record the clubs gratitude to the Tea Ladies and ground staff for all their hard work throughout 2016.
5. The Chairman thanked all Volunteers who had given their time to help run the club throughout 2016
6. The Chairman thanked M Wilkinson for recruitment, R Skipworth and D Smith for their efforts with 1st and 2nd team respectively.
7. The Chairman expressed his delight that the hard work all volunteers and members had put in over the last few years had reaped rewards with the club hosting a BDJCA U13 representative game and the BDJCA U11’s Cup Final.
The treasurer handed out copies of the balance sheet and went through the various items of Income and Expenditure. Total turnover for the year was £29,237.95 largely due to a £10,822 grant and Sponsorship packages in 2016. On the face of this represents a working loss of £809.68 as the treasurer announced the accounts are now from 1 November 2015 to 31st October 2016 and no outstanding figures are carried over.
Total Club Funds carried forward £2368.90, Includes £500 Grant for equipment.
The treasurer highlighted areas of income had increased significantly, mainly Grants, Sponsorship, Holiday Camps, Fundraising, Bag Packing, Pub Knockout, Tuck Shops and 100 Club. A balance of £2000 remains for the Outfield Cutter.
The Treasurer highlighted that the purchase of the outfield cutter the previous season had significantly reduced cost on ground maintenance.
The treasurer reported that taken as a whole this was the most successful financial year and thanked everyone for their efforts especially the fundraisers.
The Chairman thanked Gordon Jacobs for his efforts for the year.
Election of Officials
President: Eric Shore
Chairman: Clive Shore
Vice Chairman: Mark Wilkinson
Secretary: Mark Wilkinson
Treasurer: Gordon Jacobs
Junior Chairman: Paul Jackson
Junior Co-ordinator: Gary Whitehouse
Fundraising Co-Ordinator: Richard Skipworth
SYCL Reps Clive Shore, Mark Wilkinson
General Committee: C Shore, R Skipworth, E Shore, A Shore, G Jacobs, M Cox, N Cox, J Harris, D Smith, G Whitehouse, P Jackson, M Wilkinson, M Slatter, N Armitage, A Baker, D Hudson
Junior Committee To be confirmed by Junior Chairman
Selection Committee Chairman, Senior Captains and Vice Captains
First Team Captain Mark Wilkinson
2nd Team Captain Dave Smith
Development Team TBC on Match Days
Life Members: Julian Harris, Martin Hewitt and Dave Smith
Every Adult (Over 18) playing member has to have 100 Club Number. Membership fees due by 30th April. Overdue fees increase by £10 per calendar month
Senior players: £50 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets plus compulsory playing shirt donation.
Student/Unemployed: £30 to include £10 SYCL Raffle Tickets plus compulsory playing shirt donation.
Junior Subs £35 for U11s, U13s, U15’s and U17’s
£25 for U9s
Junior Annual Subs include option of a playing shirt and admission to presentation evening.
Families with 3 or more siblings would receive free annual subscriptions for the 3rd sibling and more.
Match Fees First X1 £10
2nd X1 £8
Development Team £5
Junior Fees £2 Training Session
£2 Match Fee
The Club Committee agreed the Instalment plan for juniors introduced in 2015 was a huge success and would remain the same for 2016.
U9’s = 3 Instalments of (£28+£25 Subs) = £109
U11’s, U13’s, U15’s and U17’s = 3 Instalments of (£36+£35Subs) = £143
Away Teas £44 per team
The Chairman expressed concerns regarding the recent planning application submitted to BMBC for the use of the ground. The club would invite Cllr Jim Andrews to its next committee meeting to discuss and recent developments in the planning application.
Meeting Closed 8.55pm